I believe that the way people think is very important and that we can make our life easier by positive thinking and positive attitude. When there is something difficult, stressful or unpleasant ahead which I have to go through I use a method of visualization, which takes me 10 – 15 min and it works.
I have got a few friends who have psychic abilities and one of them advised me to use the method of visualization when I feel stressed by something in near future. When I first tried it I studied at university and I was just about to pass a very difficult exam which I was very afraid of. One week before the exam I practiced the visualization every evening. It is very simple, everyone can do it and it does not need any psychic abilities. You can practice it any time during the day. All you need to do is to find a peaceful place.
These are the steps that I do:
- I close my eyes and calm myself down while concentrating on breathing.
- I start to think about the situation and summarize how I want it to happen. I always thank that I will go through the situation smoothly and that the outcome will be how I wish it to be. In case of my exam I thanked that I would successfully pass it and that the examiners would be nice to me.
- I begin to imagine the situation in detail step by step and try to feel all my emotions because they make the visualization strong and make it work. It is very important to visualize how you want it to happen. In case of my exam, I started to visualize entering the school and waiting for my name to be called. All the time I was aware of all my feelings. I visualized myself entering the examination room and drawing a question. I thanked for drawing a question which is the best for me to help me pass the exam without limiting my success on a particular question. I also visualized that the examiners would be pleasant and that the whole process of my exam would be calm and not stressful for me.
- At the end I visualize my big happiness, relief and other positive feelings and I always try to really enjoy it. It is important to really feel all these good emotions. In case of my exam I imagined my happiness when I was told I passed the exam. To make all the positive feelings stronger I visualized how I phoned my parents, I imagined the party with friends as a celebration, and so on.
- I thank for the good result again.
That’s it! It is very simple and it does not take much time.
So how did the exam go? I passed it with the best grade. The examiners were very nice to me, I did not get any tricky questions from them. Although I must say I was really surprised with the question I drew. I thought to myself – Is it really the best question for me??! I immediately returned to a positive attitude that it must have been the best question for me otherwise I would have not drawn it. The result of the exam confirmed it.
To sum up: it is very important to be really in that situation. The key to that are the emotions (happiness, relief, and so on). If you can feel them you know you do it right. Fully enjoy the happiness and satisfaction at the end of your visualization. And what about the negative feelings you may have during the visualization such as stress and fear? I think it is important to be aware of all your feelings. If you notice a stress or other negative emotion, you can gradually reduce them by practicing the visualization for a few days. During the visualization you can concentrate on unpleasant feelings to make them disappear or shrink. That’s what I always try to do. After all, the visualization is yours, you are the one who directs it so you can visualize whatever you want.
I would like to add a short story which is related to this exam to show how the visualization works exactly the way you direct it. Radim, who was my boyfriend at that time and had the exam on the same day, decided that he would practice this method as well. He did not want to spend 15 min every evening visualizing the whole exam process, he visualized just the result of the exam. For one week every evening he spent 5 minutes to visualize his big happiness when he was told he passed it. He also had a clear idea which question he wanted to draw. He actually drew the question he really wanted but the examiner gave him hard time so when Radim came out of the examination room, he was really down. He thought he did not pass it and the hour he had to wait for the result of the exam was very difficult for him. When he heard that he passed it even though with a bad grade, he was the happiest person in the world. The exam went exactly how he visualized it .
I used this method many times for different situations such as job interviews, stressful meeting with a boss at work, and so on. It always worked. I think it is a great tool to make your life easier.
The last thing I would like to mention is gratitude. At the beginning and end of every visualization I thank that I will get what I want. I think it is a good thing to be grateful and appreciate what you get. It encourages the thinking and acceptance that you are already getting it.
Before completing this article I saw the film The Secret which explains how the law of attraction works and I realized that this method of visualization is based on the law of attraction. I always used the visualization to help me through difficult situations but after seeing this film I know it can be practiced to achieve even bigger things. I am very excited and keen to try it.
I hope this article was helpful and I wish you good luck!
No related posts.